Romans 15:5-6

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. - Acts 20:24

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. -Romans 15:5-6

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Today's Reading - Genesis 19:1-20:18, Matthew 7:24 - 8:22, Psalms 7:1-9
(By the way, the reading plan that I give you is based a Bible Reading Plan where you can read the Bible through in a year.  This particular Bible Reading Plan is published by International Bible Society and is called Seasons of Reflection.  I have seen this book on sale on Amazon.com for as low as $2.95/book. Great Price! I recommend ordering one just in case I don't get to blog everyday and you want to continue reading through the Bible in a year.)

So far today, I have only read the Matthew passage.  The verses that the Lord made stand out to me is 8:2, 6, 14-15.  Now, since I sat down at the beginning of this year and just prayed that God would show me how to live this year for Him, I have been praying these 3 things before I read God's Word. First, that He will show me how to seek His face more and not just read the Bible; second, that he will show me how to be a more godly wife. And thirdly, that he will show me how to be a better leader and servant for those I supervise.  The Lord is so amazing because since I have prayed that prayer he has made verses that I have read over and over seem brand new to me. Such as these verses in Matthew. 

8:2 - "A man with leprosy came and knelt before Him and said, 'Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.'"
-Do you know that all things are possible with God? Do you know what this man just asked?  He didn't ask, "Lord if you can make me clean, please do it." He asked the Lord "if you are willing, please do it."  When you pray to the Lord for your healing or someone else's healing, do you pray with doubt that He can do it?  Or do you come to Him knowing He can but asking is He willing?  And if He is not, are you still willing to trust Him?

8:6 - "'Lord,' he said, 'my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering."
- Here is a centurion that cares so much for his servant that he brings the issue to the Lord because he knows that Jesus can heal him.  As a manager of a bank, I need to care for those who I manage; I can serve them by praying for them and bringing their issues to the Lord. So for me I need to care enough for my team members to pray for them. 

8:14-15 - "When Jesus came into Peter's house, he saw Peter's mother-in-law laying in bed with a fever. He touched her hand and the fever left her, and she got up and began to wait on Him."
 - I need to pray for those closest to me and their families.  The Disciples were those Jesus was closest to and he healed their families.  I don't know about you, but I treat those closest to be the worst because I expect them to understand and love me no matter what; yet I am to be Christ-like, therefore, I must care for those closest to me and their families. 

What about you? On what passage did you focus, and what stood out the most to you?

Happy Reading and Obeying!

No comments:

Post a Comment